Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Top Four Vacay Detox Tips

Oh vacation - how I love you during, but dread your end. For some people, vacation is a relaxing blissful time - where you exercise every day and eat healthier than you do at home.

For the rest of us....it sometimes consist of overindulgence in food and drink.

You tell yourself you will work out, and eat more of this:




And, less of this:




And in the end, you end up eating a pizza with truffle sauce and egg on top. Truffles are technically vegetable, right??




So, when the vacation ends and real life returns, you need to return to your healthy lifestyle and shed any of those vacation pounds that may have been added. 

With that in mind, here are my top four vacation detox tips:

1. Running - why not get a new pair of Nike's in springs best color - even more motivation to get you running.

2. Hot Yoga - yeah, you feel like you are going to die of heat about 95% of class, but that feeling once you get out is worth the intensity. Manduka yoga mat here.

3. Juice Cleanses - I have done a couple of these myself - they are controversial, and can be quite un-fufilling. But, if you have the (like in this program at Juice Nation in Solana Beach) they can serve as a great boost and detox.

4. Cut the Caffeine - Ok - cut it down. I am a two cup of coffee drinker, so when I am back from vacation I turn to my favorite Parisian tea, Kusmi detox to substitute for my coffee. It's a combination of mate and green tea flavored with lemon and lemon grass. It's not without caffeine - but I find it to be a great energy boost and flavorful, as well. 




Clockwise from right: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Been thinking about shoes? Please share your shoe comments below.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground