Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Oh, the Places You'll Go. Valentino + Dr. Suess

When I face challenges, I typically face them with two things. Books and shoes.

Books can be a guidepost - a different perspective when you are stuck or looking for inspiration. Children's books can be even more energizing, as they really look at life more simplistically - without the jading of time and age.

Shoes have always served me as a form of inspiration. Through their structure, form and sometimes height, I always felt that amazing shoes can serve as a sort of armor as you face battles in the world.

Enter Dr. Suess. One of my favorite children's book authors. His writing intrigued me as a child, but became even more interesting as I grew older. And, his use of anapestic meter (I had to google this word myself) always made his writing charming and entertaining. 


So, when I found myself in one of those "challenges" - I knew a book and a good pair of shoes were in order. It happened to be in early March, and I was reminded by my niece and nephew that it was Dr. Suess' birthday on that early day in March. Oh, I thought, the places you'll go....

Arguably one of Dr. Suess' best books - I ordered a copy immediately. Sure, I remembered the book, and could cite some lines, but I needed to see it in print. (Note -you must pick up a copy no matter what your age).  
Am I biased because he speaks of shoes in the first few pages....maybe. But it is really one of the most timeless books of our time. 

Now enter Valentino, arguably one of the most famous fashion designers of all time. Italian born, he covered decades of fashion for women, designing wedding dresses for both Jackie O and J. Lo. He has a way of melding classic elegance with a hint of sexiness. So....Dr. Suess + Valentino = world domination. And, the best line of the book: 

You're are off to great places, you're off and away.

So, enjoy the book - and the shoes - and find your mix to meet life's challenges along the way.




Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!


















Yes! You will, indeed!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Been thinking about shoes? Please share your shoe comments below.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground