Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Investing in Shoes - Part II

Investing in shoes can be quite stressful. What to buy, how much to spend and then the big question..."Will I wear these shoes enough to justify an investment?"

Some cultures don't wear shoes at all. In the Ancient Olympic Games, athletes participated barefoot (oh, and naked).

In a previous blog (read it here) I go through the Shoe Investment Calculator (SIC). Today's blog will take you through an analysis of the investment potential of shoes. Yesterday, I was faced with the exact predicament the SIC was created for.

Take these beautiful Prada loafers:
"Size 38.5 Prada Wing tipped tassel loafers," (find them here) I ask sweetly. I then proceeded to sink into the oh too comfortable couch at Neiman Marcus with the perfect lighting showing all angles of my foot. The shoes were slipped on so softly, and I saunter around the sales floor. I am conveniently handed a cold bottle of water as several sales people oohh and ahhh. Yes, I should get these.


Oh, one small detail, "the price please," I ask. The sales person quietly responds, "$690." And all of the sudden I am snapped back into reality. I think through the SIC.


I come up with a score of 10. I think back to my range:

Ugh...a hold. Damn.

The sales person looks at me longingly...."they look so great on you. There are so places you could wear thooo..."

"No," I say. I must leave these for another women with a higher SIC. I must go.

So, what about those other shoes from the previous blog? Again, there are some factors that are based upon individual preference. But, how did the shoes score?

I compared a the zoo shoes, a pair of Nasty Gal brand tennis shoes, a splurge vs steal blue suede high heel and a pair of Isabel Marant booties. Here is what I found:

Zoo Shoes: BUY
Sneakers: WALK
Payless Blue: HOLD
Manolo Blue: BUY
Isabel Marant: BUY

So go forth, buy shoes (SIC approved)...and continue living in the World of Cha Cha Shoes...




2 comments:

  1. Hi Cha Cha. V forwarded your blog to me and I just read through your posts tonight. Love it! I have it bookmarked. See you soon, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi "Cha Cha". V forwarded my your blog last week and I just got around to reading through your posts. Very fun. I've book marked it. See you soon (I hope)

    ReplyDelete

Been thinking about shoes? Please share your shoe comments below.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground