Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

To Shop...or Not...That is the Question

Black Friday. Oh how I await your arrival, yet dread the actual day.

I LOVE a good deal. Free dog reindeer antlers, yes please. 60% off at your favorite clothing store (mens bottoms only) - yes, I will do that too. But, there is something about Black Friday that I just cannot do. The crowds...the intrusion on the actual day of Thanksgiving...I just refuse to shop on Black Friday.


With one caveat. Online shopping. Again, in your home (or your in-laws) with a coffee/wine and/or turkey sandwich - there is no place I would rather be than using my fingers to out-shop someone via the internet, versus actually in the store.

I recently asked a good guy friend of mine how much of a discount on any item it would take to allure him into a store on this Friday. "Nothing. Nothing at all," he replied.

Really...I asked...nothing...what about a big screen TV at 90% off? 
"No, never. Never ever," he replied. "Football," he added, "do the math."

I did the math...it did seem like a good discount. But, alas, the elbowing and not sleeping after a large turkey dinner turned me off. (and, the good shoe discounts don't come until later in the year)

But, what happens when you discount Manolo Blahnik and Christian Louboutin shoes? Remember that shoe debacle that happened in 2011 at Saks in New York City? If you don't, check it out here.

For those of you that are hard core, and making the trip, I thought this Consumer Reports Article on "Black Friday Shopping Tips" was very good. And, for those of you that are skilled at online shopping, almost every site has a coupon that you can leverage. Sign up for their mailing lists, or check out sites like Retailmenot.com for additional coupons.

If you do dare to venture our this week...good luck...and happy shoe shopping!

Cha Cha Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Been thinking about shoes? Please share your shoe comments below.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground