Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

SJP Lineup

I'm not worth, I'm not worthy.

Seriously, I have been a Sarah Jessica Parker (SJP) fan since I initially saw her on Sex and the City. I remember the first episode I ever saw. I didn't have enough money in college to afford HBO, but I had stumbled upon the first season of SATC in VHS. Yes, VHS. 

Anyhow, I loved the show from the beginning, and envied the styling work from Patricia Green. Carrie's shoes were always on the edge, and I found myself spending multiple hours scouring my local Nordstroms Rack trying to find that "it" pair. 

So, when SJP did her first line "Bitten" for Steve and Barry's (they liquidated their stores in 2009), I was curious. Everything was $15 and under, but there were some interesting clothes that were certainly worth the money.

This time around, SJP went higher end, designing her own shoe line, sold exclusively at Nordstrom's. For those of you that love SJP like I do...stop now. Stop reading, leave my blog, and pretend this didn't happen.



For those of you that remain curious about her shoe line, read ahead.

All in all, I wasn't impressed. For as much as I love SJP, I was pretty disappointed with the shoe line. I spent a couple of hours at Nordstrom's trying on shoes, checking leather and quality. And, for shoes that range from $300-400 a pair, these were not a buy. I would recommend checking out the shoe line on your own, as each person has their own taste and priorities. 

Here are the hits and misses from her shoe line:






"Tanny"
$350
Hits: Great color
Miss: Uncomfortable shoes






 "Etta"
$425
Hits: none
Misses: craft store like flowers






"Brigitte"
$355
Hits: Great red color
Misses: Shoe unstable and hard to walk in






"Alison Bootie"
$485
Hits: None
Miss: Cheap ties, poor color, overpriced






"Maud Sandal"
$375
Hits: interesting colors
Miss: Granny shoe style





"Carrie"
$355
Hits: Great design, flattering on leg
Misses: wobbly heel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Been thinking about shoes? Please share your shoe comments below.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground