Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Stems and Stilettos - Two Smoking Guns

With fall just around the corner, we bring you our monthly installment of stems and stilettos. Our guest editor Veronica Shah brings uses her Jerome Rousseau booties to inspire a spicy cocktail. 

Because…what’s better than an amazing cocktail and high heels??



Two Smoking Guns
As I mentioned in a previous post, I am usually the one who fields the phone calls from the Principal.  My son is only in first grade but we are already familiar with the perp walk to the Principal’s Office.  While I understand even little boys playing police and criminal with pretend guns is frightening these days, have we gone too far when that can result in a suspension?
When I prepare myself for the meeting in the Principal’s Office, I like to feel that I’m wearing armor.  These Jerome C. Rousseau gold-studded booties do the trick.  They keep my spine straight and my parental rebuttals factual and unemotional. When all else fails, they look good when I’m on my hands and knees begging that my son not be punished with a suspension.

In unexpressed defiance of the Principal, my husband makes the Two Smoking Guns Cocktail for me.  It is smoky, spicy and kick-ass.  

Just like I meant to be in these smokin’ booties.


Jerome C. Rousseau 3 ½ inch Charme Booties in Tan Nappa with Studs


Two Smoking Guns
3 sage leaves
1 oz fresh lemon juice
¾ oz simple syrup
1 stemmed sage leaf to garnish
Lightly muddle the sage leaves in a Boston Shaker then add the next 5 ingredients.  Add ice, shake and strain into a coupe.  Float the stemmed sage leave on top and place gold sugar beads on sage leave.

Adapted from The Fashionable Cocktail 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Been thinking about shoes? Please share your shoe comments below.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground