Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Girl Shoe Crush...Sophia Webster

Have you ever had a shoe crush...you find a line that you love, and then become totally obsessed with their shoes?

The feeling can be somewhat overwhelming - to both the mind and the pocketbook. There is just something so tempting about finding a designer you love - and lusting after every shoe.

Meet new-comer designer Sophia Webster. I starting seeing her shoes late last year, and they always stopped me in my tracks - or my fingers online - every time I saw them. Whimsical, smart, interesting and artful, her shoes are really pieces of art. 

I wasn't surprised when I found out that the designer Sophia Webster started in the industry working as a design assistant to Nicholas Kirkwood (also enviable shoes). She graduated with a specialized MA footwear degree from the Royal College of Art and a BA degree at Cordwainers college (Jimmy Choo trained here)

Her first collection started as Spring/Summer 2013, and each collection gets better. They range in price from $400-800, but would be an investment piece that would stay in your closet for years to come. 

Or, you can do like most people do with a crush - online shoe stalk in hopes that your size would soon go on sale. 

Below are a few of my current favorites:










No comments:

Post a Comment

Been thinking about shoes? Please share your shoe comments below.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground