Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

If Shoes Could Talk....One Night at the Chateau

I know it sounds crazy, but shoes speak to me. As soon as we meet eyes and I touch their leather upper, my sixth sense kicks in and I instantly know them. Quickly, I ascertain what they like, where they want to be worn, what their favorite drink is, and they often tell me how bad they may hurt my feet (typically always worth it). On this particular day, I took three of my favorite shoes out to hear about their night at the Chateau Marmont, one of the most iconic hotels in the world.

As I meet up with the three shoes at the bar, they all have disparate personalities that provide endless entertainment. I greet DiDi first, she's a beautiful gold studded Fendi sandal. She's the oldest of the bunch, but probably the most mischievous. She orders a margarita, no salt, rocks, and slides into the booth.
DiDi


Next comes Tino, a sleek black pointed toe Valentino mary jane. Always sophisticated, and makes an understated scene with her entrance. She murmurs hello, and orders a dirty vodka martini. Although DiDi and Tino know one another (there are both of Italian descent), Tino is older, and cautious around DiDi.
Tino


Finally, Ginger comes in, arriving fashionably late to the interview. Ginger is worn, but in all the right ways. She is a black leather sneaker, with silver studs aligning her sides. She doesn't order, but looks at the bartender in a knowingly way, and a Johnnie Walker Blue on the rocks soon arrives.
Ginger


They tell me they have pending plans, so the interview begins.

ChaCha: What were your first impressions of the Chateau?
DiDi: What can you really say - I was not surprised that I was picked as a shoe to go to the Chateau. One of the most iconic hotels...and one of the most iconic fashion brands. I was a natural there. As soon as I stepped into the lobby where John Bonham of Led Zeppelin rode his motorcycle, I knew I was home.
Tino: Of course she has to name drop in the first five minutes of the interview.
DiDi: Tino, your just upset because you were packed tightly in the bottom of a suitcase while I was out having all the fun.
Tino: Honey, you may have started the day, but I ended the night.

ChaCha: Let me change the topic a bit. What meals were your favorite while you were there? 
Tino: I typically watch my carbs, but since it was a special occasion, I went with the Sunday night fried chicken and a glass of Chateauneuf-du-Pape. Quite fabulous, I must say.
DiDi: Well, I had a long lunch filled with a Bloody Mary and Champagne.
Tino: She asked about food, DiDi.
DiDi: Oh, food. I can't remember.
Ginger: Are we done yet?
Tino: Just tell her what you ate and we can move on.
Ginger: Room service. Coffee, Croque Madame.

ChaCha: Alright, let's move on to something closer to your hearts. What were your favorite floors you walked on at the Chateau?
Tino: Probably the strip from the hotel to the bar. Quite a few talented artists have walked that path - it was great to get to walk in their steps.
DiDi: Oh, that's too bad that you had to walk down there. I was actually dangling off the balcony, viewing it all from above.

Tino: You think dangling from the hotel is better being on your own two feet?
DiDi: Jim Morrison seemed to agree with me.
Ginger: These ladies can argue about which floor was best, but in the end, she always chooses me.
Tino: Chooses you for what?
Ginger: Once their feet tire from your sky-high heels, they always turn to the sneaker for comfort and effortless fashion. She wore me the entire next day, and never took me off. I was at the pool, the lobby, the restaurant, the sunset strip. When she is in need, she chooses me.
DiDi: Wow, you are functional. What a life.
Ginger: (inaudible sound)

ChaCha: So, how did the end of your night turn out? Was it as epic as legend says?
Ginger: DiDi, you have arrived at the Chateau, but I left the Chateau, and baby it was good.
DiDi: Again, you must still have some crumple marks from your "corner of the suitcase" night.
Tino: Ladies, ladies...let's not fight about floor time. Plus, we all know it is about quality, not quantity. I was with her at the beginning of the night, and she never took me off until the early morning. Obviously, she loves me most.
DiDi: Well, spill it - what happened?
Tino: A lady never tells.




As heavy chatter breaks out between the three pairs of shoes, I realize that I have put myself in the worst of predicaments. Quickly, I leave the booth to get another round as the chatter turns into argument.

As I come back, I hear them rehashing the night, and giving a few more details about the night. A bit aghast at the some of the stories, I remember the legendary saying of Harry Cohn.

"If you must get in trouble, do it at the Chateau Marmont."

I decide it is time for me to go, and I thank them for them time, wishing them many amazing steps in their future.



In the World of...Cha Cha Shoes



No comments:

Post a Comment

Been thinking about shoes? Please share your shoe comments below.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground