Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Online Shopping - A Click and a Box

Oh, the feeling. Waking up early on a Saturday morning. Cup of coffee in hand...mind fresh, and fingers and wrists ready to go.

You open your computer screen while sitting in your most comfortable sweatpants and slippers (need slippers, check out this blog). The feeling of soft sweatpants, warm toes and hot coffee slip you into a state of ease. You see "buy Fall/Winter shoes" on your to do list....no problem.

As you enter your password, you feel as if the internet is your shoe oyster. No black heel can escape your googling expertise. You can conquer the shoe world. It is at your fingertips.

Oh, how I love online shopping. Many a day the fed-ex and ups drivers greet me by my first name, and thank me for my patronage. Too much, you may say? No, its never too much.

Today's blog is all about online shopping. When I did the pro's and con's...many fell into the pro category. The ONLY con I see is not being able to see things in person, and see how they fit. But, with the new technology of seeing the shoes close-up and in video, buyer reviews, and just knowing which brand you like - you can overcome this fear. For those of you that are pros at online shopping...have no fear. For those of you who are newbies to online shopping, hold my hand as we click together in love and harmony...

First, my top ten favorite shoe sites, in order:

1. Shopbop
2. Yoox
3. Neiman Marcus
4. Zappos
5. Net-a-Porter
6. Zara
7. Piperlime
8. Outnet
9. Nastygal
10. Farfetch

Some of the best finds this week are:







Sometimes before I peruse those sites, I use ShopStyle to get an idea of prices (if I have a particular shoe in mind) - or to get ideas by narrowing the filter functions for price, color and style.

I click on shoes, then narrow down from there...

Boots - check
Brown - check
Price - slide to under $300

Now I browse through...checking out the boots that I like. The great option here is you can click on the heart next to the shoe, and it marks it as your favorite. Even better is the sale alert. Click on the magnifying glass withe plus sign, and you can create a sale alert emailing you when it goes on sale.

Frye boots...I will be watching you!

I admit, ShopStyle doesn't have the entire shoe universe, but it is a great way to explore shoes and get an idea of prices.

Shopping online can be a bit overwhelming, but nothing that you can't conquer. Some quick tips to remember:

1. Check the shop's return policy.
2. Look at shipping costs...AND return costs. Sometimes a website will charge you up to $11 to return, so make sure to factor this in.
3. If it seems to good to be true (Christian Louboutin's for $100)...then it probably is. Make sure your online site is reputable.

So...we didn't check anything off the list today...but we have one more shop to conquer...ebay.

Stay tuned for how to shop on ebay.

I give you the tricks and tips...in the World of Cha Cha Shoes






1 comment:

  1. If I end up buying a pair of shoes that you feature, do I lack imagination? Or may I consider you my personal shoe stylist?

    ReplyDelete

Been thinking about shoes? Please share your shoe comments below.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground